If you were not able to attend the last EDMPASS meeting about the Summit then you missed out on a great round-table discussion. A reoccurring theme in the discussion was around the networking/social aspect being so HUGE as part of the entire Summit experience. Everyone knows that the Summit is THE #1 SQL Server Conference and that the speakers and sessions are amazing but the part of the Summit that surprised me the most was the networking side and Twitter in particular.
So as we like to do from time to time at EDMPASS we’re having ourselves a contest.
If you’re not on Twitter this is what you have to do:
- Join Twitter
- Add myself @ColinStasiuk (This is how I’ll know you’re entering the contest)
- Add 10 or more SQL Server tweeps… here is a list from SQLServerPedia to help get you started or some of the frequent tweeters today are listed below…
- @BrentO – A previous EDMPASS presenter
- @SQLRockstar– Last months EDMPASS preseter
This list is nothing more then me scrolling through my SQL Group and grabbing the first 10 people I see… so if you’re not on here sorry LOL
So there you go… you’re entered… easy huh? Now I’m not going to force you to start a conversation with any of these people but all I ask is that you give it a chance and if you have something to contribute or ask… do so and see what happens 🙂
A tip for you as well… install TweetDeck… it’ll make the experience way more enjoyable.
If you ARE already on Twitter
- Add @ColinStasiuk if you don’t already have me on your list
- If you already have me on your list DM me asking to be entered
- Comment on this blog post and tell us a quick story of a positive experience you had with another SQL tweeter
So what’s the prize?
2 Tickets to an upcoming Edmonton Oilers game – I have a few games to choose from so the winner will be able to pick
If you’re a BenchmarkITConsulting.com reader (Thanks!!! 🙂 ) feel free to share YOUR real good feel good SQL Twitter story as well… (sorry no hockey tickets for you lol)